Master of Arts in Accounting and Finance
Programme Duration: 2 Years
NFQ Level: Level 9
Validating Body: QQI
Entry Dates: September/February/June annually
01 About the course
This programme is designed to be academically coherent and intellectually challenging. The breadth and depth of the programme is designed to be a rigourous test of academic ability.
The structure of the programme, the variety of learning styles and the range of assessment methodologies are designed to develop the learners’ skills and attitudes, higher level cognitive skills, transferable skills and research capabilities.
The course will specifically develop and enhance the ability of learners to recognise, analyse and solve business problems, often against a background of economic, social and technological change. Learners will develop the ability to critically evaluate systems and procedures based on good quality research methods.
02 Course Content
The following modules will be included in the programme:
- Research Methods
- Corporate Governance & Ethics
- Advanced Financial Reporting (International)
- Strategic Business Analysis
- Macro Economics (The Global Economy and Financial System)
- Strategic Financial Management
- Managing Marketing Applications *
- Strategic Performance Management*
- Advanced Taxation (Irish)*
- Advanced Audit & Assurance (International)*
* Those modules are optional modules.
03 Entry Requirements
Successful candidates must hold a degree in an Accounting or related area. All candidates will be reviewed on their own individual merits
IELTS 6.0 minimum or equivalent for international students