ICD Provides a High-Quality Education
ICD (International College Dublin) Business School was established in 2001 for the purpose of providing high-quality, third-level qualifications in Business and Accounting to both EU and non-EU students. The college currently offers three programmes leading to leading to major awards at levels 8 and 9 of the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) in its areas of specialism, namely the BA (Hons) in Accounting & Finance, BA (Hons) in Business Studies, and MA in Accounting and Finance. The college also offers ACCA tuition as part of its BA Hons in Business Studies and BA Hons in Accounting with graduates receiving up to 9 exemptions (F1 to F9).
ICD is a Boutique College: Every Individual Learner is Treated Equally
ICD is a ‘boutique college’, offering specifically tailored courses of education to small groups of dedicated students, and guaranteeing lecturer to learner ratios that create an environment in which students are actively encouraged to participant, interact and engage. Because of its deliberate policy of small learner group sizes – typically no more than 40 in a traditional lecture setting, or 20 in a tutorial or demonstration – ICD lecturers are free to provide learners with the individual attention they require to achieve their academic goals. ‘Quality’, ‘Consistency’, and ‘Caring’ are watchwords that embody ICD’s organisational ethos, which proceeds from the belief that a truly quality academic experience can only be delivered by world class academics, teaching to small class sizes, backed up by a caring, personal and understanding administration system.
ICD Values Diversity
ICD is committed to creating a culture in which no learner or staff member is discriminated against on the basis of age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief, national or ethnic origin, or disability. ICD has also adopted a policy of transparent and non-discriminatory pricing, with academic fees set at the same level for all students irrespective of nationality or EU citizenship. The only exception to this arises if a student applies to ICD from abroad and requires visa assistance, which can lead to once-off fees. The college offers students a uniquely diverse learning environment, and currently serves learners from over forty five countries, including Ireland, Belarus, China, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Brazil, Poland, South Korea, Iran, Mongolia, Nepal, the United States, the United Kingdom, Russia, Peru, Croatia, Cameroon Nigeria, Venezuela, Malawi, Mauritius, Vietnam, and South Africa.
Our Customer Price Charter and Promise to you:
‘SAME FEE FOR ALL’
- ICD has never in 20 years of our existence charged international Non EU students a higher fee than EU/Irish students.
- ICD guarantees that it will not change its policy of same fee for all
- ICD guarantees that it will not charge a 1st year same fee and then increase its second year/third year fee*
- ICD guarantees that from 2020-2023 it will not increase any fee above 5% per annum*
(*excluding Government and State charges outside of our control)
ICD’s Mission Statement
At ICD Business School, we want all of our students to enjoy learning and to achieve success
ICD’s Core Values
At ICD we:
- Value all learners equally.
- Support all learners in achieving their personal learning goals.
- Strive to provide a learning experience of the highest quality.
- Provide enriching and authentic learning opportunities that are accessible for all students.
- Ensure that all learners are assessed fairly and consistently.
- Endeavour to offer programmes of study that are innovative, up-to-date, and responsive to changing demands.
- Collaborate enthusiastically with learners and key internal and external stakeholders.
- Promote an institution-wide culture of quality, integrity, and continuous improvement.
- Support the continuing professional development of our staff.
- Maintain a resource base which is sufficient to ensure sustainability and a governance structure which is inclusive, learner-centred, and quality-enhancing.
To provide our learners with an educational experience that will equip them with the knowledge, understanding, skills, and competencies essential for employability, life-long learning, and entrepreneurship, in contemporary life.
We will fulfil this vision and mission by:
- Developing and delivering a relevant and responsive curriculum;
- Achieving high quality of provision and services through a culture of continuous improvement;
- Promoting employability and diverse learning opportunities;
- Promoting equality and diversity in all aspects of our work;
- Meeting the learning needs of individuals, communities and employers;
- Promoting a collaborative approach to identifying and meeting learner needs, and providing appropriate pastoral and learning supports;
- Ensuring good financial control to safeguard the future of the college and the sustainability of quality education provision
- Continuously improving our Quality Assurance Framework through consultation internally and externally.
Where is ICD Business School?
ICD is located in the heart of Dublin City Centre in the Republic of Ireland; one of the most beautiful and historic cities in the world.
(known as an Eircode in Ireland)
ICD’s postcode might be the easiest way to find ICD is you are searching with an online mapping or navigation platform such as Google Maps.
ICD’s postcode/Eircode is: D02 TX84
Please note: the ‘0’ in our postcode is a zero, not the letter O
Finding ICD on a Map
Travelling to ICD: Public Transportation
Dublin and Ireland have the following public transportation available for you to use. Prices vary depending on distances travelled. However, the good news is that many providers will provide a student discount.
Dublin Bus provide bus transportation within Dublin city and neighbouring counties (e.g. Kildare)
- DublinBikes provide bicycles for short rental (e.g. 1 hour) across Dublin
- Bus Eireann provides bus/coach transportation all over Ireland
- Irish Rail provide train/rail transportation all over Ireland
- DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transit) provide train/rail transportation in Dublin and Wicklow
If you need any advice on how best to travel to ICD safely, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Ms. June Shannon (Student Liaison Manager).
Education in Ireland
Enterprise Ireland manages the Education in Ireland national brand under the authority of the Minister for Education and Skills. Enterprise Ireland is responsible for the promotion of Irish Higher Education Institutions overseas…
QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland) is an independent State agency responsible for promoting quality and accountability in education and training services in Ireland…
We’re the world’s most forward-thinking professional accountancy body. We believe that accountancy is vital for economies to grow and prosper, which is why we work all over the world to build the profession and make society fairer and more transparent…
ICOS collaborates with its members, student organisations and government agencies to ensure that international education policy and practice in Ireland is quality driven and remains firmly focused on the educational and social needs of all students.
Student Sport Ireland
ICD Business School is a member of Student Sport Ireland; the organisation that coordinates the Inter Varsities competitions. ICD’s athletes and sports teams have the opportunity to meet and compete with students from other colleges across the country.
The Centre of English Studies, Dublin, is located just a 30 second walk from ICD. CES have over 40 years of experience in providing the highest quality English teaching, an excellent learning experience, and a caring environment for all its students and graduates. We highly recommend CES to anybody who may be wishing to improve their English.
PAT are Gold standard approved learning partner of the ACCA tuition with accredited recognition. ACCA Gold status is only awarded to those institutions able to meet a highly challenging set of performance standards and is a formal recognition of PAT’s technical experience and delivery.